The islands of the Swedish archipelago have a unique range of vacation experiences you can discover and enjoy:
- Thousands of beautiful, cozy little islands within a morning's reach of Stockholm, with white sand beaches, peaceful coves, and rocky pine-forested shores.
- Visit charming towns, dine in relaxing restaurants serving delicious local dishes, sample soothing saunas on Vaxholm, Grinda, Ostholmen, and more.
- Enjoy days that seem to stretch on forever, in a Baltic paradise where the sun rises early and sets close to midnight!
With 24,000+ islands, the Swedish archipelago has somewhere you can lose yourself! A Sweden yacht charter or bareboat charter holiday is the most unique and enjoyable way to experience local wonders.
Discover Your Own Paradise in Sweden
Navigare Yachting specializes in all Swedish archipelago experiences, from short charter getaways to extended yacht vacation holidays. We're ready to make your time in Sweden something you'll tell friends and family about for years to come. All the options are here for you, including skippered yachts, or bareboats for the more experienced sailor.
We make it easy for you to enjoy relaxed and scenic sailing, in a setting that is world famous for its beauty and accessibility. Navigare Yachting will make your Sweden holiday truly unique – we have earned a reputation for high quality vessels, outstanding service, and unsurpassed excellence.
We even offer the convenience of a flexible payment schedule – pay for your vacation with up to six monthly installments. Get the best vacation and a deal you can't find anywhere else! Book online now and you can choose the package that best suits your needs. Welcome to Sweden, we know you'll love it!
Experience a Sailing Vacation in Sweden
Nowhere else on earth can you find such richness and diversity of natural islands in close proximity. The Swedish archipelago counts an incredible 24,000+ islands and offers unique surroundings of clean crisp waters, beautiful nature, and dramatic history. Want to get away from crowded tourist destinations? The Swedish archipelago has thousands of secluded beaches, pristine coves, and pine forests where you can lose yourself. Swim, dive, hike, and explore to your heart's content!
The surrounding fairy tale-like wilderness provides the instant feeling of taking part in an Astrid Lindgren movie. No surprise that part of the Stockholm archipelago is nominated to become a World Heritage Site. The area is also host to numerous wonderful restaurants, bars, hotels, and entertainment options.
Navigare Yachting specializes in sailing holidays in Sweden for families, groups, and couples. Our home base is located at Lidingö-Gåshaga in Stockholm. Charter duration is a minimum seven days, and typically ten days.
Visit our fleet page to see the range full range of sailboats available from Navigare Yachting.
Our vessels are best in class for quality, extremely well maintained, and ready to make your yacht charter Sweden vacation a truly special and rewarding experience.
Sailing in Sweden: Island Destinations
Yacht Charter Sweden - Stockholm - Waxholm Island - Sandhamn
The Swedish archipelago is a unique and timeless vacation destination, with an almost limitless number of thrilling sites to see and adventures to experience:
- Vaxholm comprises the closest islands to Stockholm and the gateway to the archipelago. Explore charming pine woods and quaint towns of cobbled streets and pastel colored family shops & restaurants.
- Grinda is a lovely island that plays host to hiking, swimming, kayaking, and other active adventures. Cozy cafes provide scenic views and refreshing drinks while you satisfy your appetite.
- Finnhamn is a tiny island (only 900 m long) with beautiful woods, sheltered coves, dramatic rocky cliffs, and an endless summer vibe that's perfect for a charter yacht visit.
- Ostholmen is a peaceful and idyllic island, with charming homes and countless opportunities to enjoy time outdoors. The public sauna provides the perfect place to relax and soak in the soothing vibes.
- Sandhamn has secluded white sand beaches, rocky shores ideal for swimming and exploring, and a relaxing atmosphere in which time seems to almost stand still. It's an optimal location to spend a long summer day in Sweden.
- Utö is an unspoiled Baltic paradise, with gorgeous views and a timeless innocence. Enjoy a leisurely bike ride, hiking, outdoor sports, or a relaxing day on the beach.
- Nynäshamn is the southernmost destination in the Swedish archipelago and is an island filled with local history. Rune stones dating to Viking times dot the island. The fishing port is home to restaurants, shops, and entertainment.
Shopping, dining, outdoor sports, sightseeing, or just easy relaxation in the warm sun and sand – the islands of the Swedish archipelago have something for everyone!
NOTE: Please always be aware of the shallow areas and skerries (rocky reefs) around the islands – the entire archipelago demands serious attention to sea charts and a sharp look out. Please note that the main inlet to Stockholm has heavy traffic of cargo ships and ferries.
Spotlight On: 'Allemansrätten'
Allemansrätten (“freedom to roam” or “everyman's right”) is local Swedish law and practice that allows anyone the right to enjoy nature, including on privately owned land. As long as you're outside the immediate area of a private home, respectful of Nature and other people, and “do not disturb or destroy,” you can even camp for up to three nights without special permitting.
This commitment to allowing everyone to share in the natural beauty of the region is another reason the Swedish archipelago is a classic & loved charter destination.
Are you ready to enjoy Sweden like very few have the opportunity to do? Navigare Yachting is ready for you! Book your yacht charter vacation online now and you can choose our helpful payment plan that allows up to six monthly installments – it's the best value to open yourself to the wonders of Sweden.
Sweden is a popular holiday vacation because it has so much to offer – long days, gorgeous sights, friendly people, and a spirit of adventure. Charter a yacht in Sweden with Navigare Yachting, you can be next to experience the beauty of sailing in Sweden.
Weather Conditions for Charter Sailing in Sweden
Yacht Charter Sweden - Sailing in Sweden
Sweden Archipelago Seasons & Climate
Although the common imagery of Sweden is a winter wonderland, sailing conditions in the Swedish archipelago are warmer and drier than you might expect. The Gulf Stream causes warm waters to gather along Sweden's west coast, which creates ideal summer sailing conditions during the high season of early April through the beginning of September:
- Summer high temperatures in Stockholm average 20° C, with the potential for temperatures to soar to a balmy 30° C.
- Rainfall and winds during summer are very light, except for the brief August rainy period.
- Summer daylight in the Baltic can last up to 20 hours long from mid-June through mid-August. Sunsets are very late and the evenings are bright.
Summer sailing conditions in Sweden are spectacular, almost unique in the world for creating warm days that seem almost endlessly bright and thrilling. Book your dream Sweden yacht charter vacation and enjoy the spectacular sights and adventures of a lifetime!
Documents Required for Sailing in Sweden and Navigare Yachting Sweden Contact Information
The Navigare Yachting charter base is located at Lidingö-Gåshaga, about 14 km from the Stockholm city center. Airport distances are: 49 km from Stockholm Arlanda Airport; 110 km from Stockholm Skavsta Airport; 20 km from Stockholm Bromma Airport. We can organize a transfer to the marina on your request.
For best service please inform us of your arrival time whether you need a transfer or not.
All of the below listed documents are required for a yacht charter Sweden vacation and must be presented prior to boarding:
- Valid passport or identity card
- Copy of the charter contract
- Sailing (or motor boat) license for at least one crew member; a second license is highly recommended
- Crew list, to include names, birth dates, nationalities and passport/ID numbers
Navigare Yachting Sweden Yacht Charter Contact Information
Navigare Yachting, Sweden
181 63 Lidingö, Stockholm, Sweden
Telephone: +46 (0)760 15 93 39
Britta Mooy – Sweden Base Manager
Britta Mooy – Client Coordinator
SERVICE & EMERGENCY NUMBER
Mobile: +46 (0)760 15 93 39
8 am to 5 pm Monday-Sunday
9 am for Sleep Aboards
11 am for Noon Starts
Embarkation time: Noon
Disembarkation time: Noon
Our Sweden yacht charter office is fluent in Swedish, English, French, German, and Dutch languages.
Additional Information About Yacht Charter Sweden
Yacht Charter Sweden - West Coast
LOCAL LANGUAGE: Swedish
LOCAL CURRENCY: Swedish krona; the Euro is not widely accepted for payment in Sweden; cash, credit cards, and traveler's checks accepted at most restaurants, businesses, and destinations
LOCAL CUISINE: Swedish cuisine is hearty and tasty, with contrasting flavors and a variety of savory dishes. Seafood dishes are plentiful, particularly herring and cod, and hearty vegetables are common, including turnips and cabbage. Hard cheeses, cold cuts, and coffee are favorites any time of day.
The country is very open to international influences in cuisine, including widespread options for French dining, sushi, Italian favorites, and more. The Swedish archipelago is home to thousands of restaurants, from simple cafes and restaurants serving local favorites, to fine dining establishments with world-class menus.
Getting to Your Sweden Yacht Charter
Getting to the Navigare Yachting charter base is simple and fast. From your destination airport, you can travel either by bus or train to the city center. From there, take the subway to Ropsten and the Lidingöbanan tram to Lidingö-Gåshaga. You can also arrange a taxi or car hire for direct service.
We can organize a transfer to the marina on your request. If your party is four or larger, advance booking is required at least five days prior. For best service, please inform us of your arrival time whether you need a transfer or not.
Navigare Yachting berths are situated in our own marina, where you will moor alongside jetties. Water and electricity are available on the dock. You will need to tank fuel on one of the islands upon return. The best options are Waxholm or Saltsjöbaden, located approximately one hour from the base. Before departure, you will be advised on where to return. Amenities near the Navigare Yachting charter base include Gåshaga Sealodge and being our client entitles you to a discount on purchases. Supermarkets, bakeries, and liquor shops are located at the Lidingö city center; a tram to the center departs every ten minutes, the nearest supermarket is only two stops away.
Sailing in Sweden can be more than just a dream, it can be the vacation of a lifetime! Navigare Yachting makes it easier and more affordable for all budgets, with our unique installment payment plan: pay for your charter in up to six monthly installments, which allows you to plan your trip more conveniently.
Start your booking process by reviewing our fleet of Sweden charter sailboats, skippered yachts, and charter bareboats, then select the package that's perfect for you.
Sailing holidays in Sweden are an epic & fun way to share time with friends, family, and loved ones. Navigare Yachting can make the dream come true for you, too!