Navigare Yachting is here to introduce you and your family & friends to all the wonders of sailing the Aegean:
- Explore destinations in the Saronic Gulf, the cradle of Ancient Greece.
- Visit the islands of the Cyclades and enjoy world class dining, entertainment, and leisure activities.
- Swim the warm, crystalline waters of the Greek Islands, amid hidden coves, dramatic cliffs, and picture-postcard villages.
A Greek sailing vacation is the experience of a lifetime, and we can bring it to you.
Check our current special offers and book online to save time and get the best rates!
Your Greece Yacht Charter Holiday Begins Here
The Greek Islands are any sailor's dream destination: warm weather, azure Mediterranean waters, and friendly people on 6000+ islands seemingly scattered by the Gods themselves, the Aegean and the Cyclades bring you exciting new experiences every day.
- Discover picturesque villages with wonderful local hospitality and experience the friendly atmosphere of everyday Greek island life.
- Listen to the echoes of Gods, Goddesses, and ancient heroes, in a place where history stretches back thousands of years.
- Dance the “Sirtaki” and indulge in famous Greek cuisine, with specialties like souvlaki, mousakka and kleftiko.
Aegina - Hydra - Mykinos
Greece Yacht Charter
Navigare Yachting is perfectly located to deliver a dream sailing holidays Greece adventure! The region's most beautiful and desirable islands are near our Greek yacht charter base at Agios Kosmas Marina, just outside Athens:
- Aegina, 20 nautical miles (NM)
- Hydra, 39 NM
- Spetses, 51 NM
- Serifos, 65 NM
- Sifnos, 74 NM
- Milos, 81 NM
- Mykonos, 89 NM
- Santorini, 128 NM
We make it easy and convenient to charter a yacht in Greece, with options to rent a sailing boat or catamaran Greece, as bareboat or skippered charter. Check out our fleet of high quality boats and review our exclusive Greece Sailing Holidays Payment Plan, which allows you to pay for your Greek Islands vacation in up to six monthly installments. It's one of the world's greatest sailing destination and an amazing deal!
Sailing Greece: Epic Destinations
Navigare Yachting offers one-week and two-week sailing holidays in Greece, with options to rent a sailing boat, or catamaran as a bareboat or skippered charter. Exotic Greece sailing holidays destinations include:
Poros - Spetses - Cape Sounion - Santorini - Leonidio - Epidaurus- Kythnos
- Saronic Gulf. The historic center of Ancient Greece, where you can tour ruins from antiquity, see short-beaked dolphins and fin whales, and enjoy proximity to the splendors of Athens.
- Kithnos. Explore dozens of picturesque anchorages and ports, or frolic along the idyllic coastline in the warm waters of the Aegean Sea.
- Serifos. The towns of Chora and Livadi are the gateway to other destinations in the Cyclades and the harbor approach beneath towering cliffs is one of the scenic wonders of the region.
- Siros. The beautiful ports of Siros are home to exquisite restaurants, entertaining bars, and welcoming hospitality, amid dramatic Aegean scenery that beckons you to explore.
- Kea. This is a major sailing Greece destination on the western fringe of the Cyclades, with abundant options for entertainment on land or in the warm sea waters.
- Poros. This Greek island getaway offers bustling activity on land and dozens of secluded harbors where you can settle in and enjoy the warm breezes and crystal clear water.
- Spetses. This glamorous island caters to a fun-loving luxury crowd, with irresistible options for dining and entertainment.
- Dhokos. This scenic island near Hydra is a popular day stop to enjoy the abundant coves and ancient shipwrecks, or overnight stop for dining and nightlife.
- Hydra. An incredibly beautiful and peaceful island that is little changed from the 19th century – no motorized vehicles are allowed! The harbor town is filled with boutiques, fine dining restaurants, and entertainment options, and the island is filled with trails, beaches, and natural areas to explore.
Sailing Greece Islands Is a Dream Holiday
When you book Greece sailing holidays with Navigare Yachting, it's also a dream deal! We offer an exclusive booking payment plan that allows up to six monthly installments. Check out our fleet of Greece sailing catamarans and sailboats, and yachts to get started on your booking.
Navigare Yachting is here to welcome you to the gorgeous sights, epic history, and luxurious relaxation of sailing Greece islands in style. Book with us today to enjoy the best availability and rates.
Weather Conditions for Sailing Holidays Greece
Yacht Charter Greece - Catamaran Sailing
Greek Islands Seasons & Climate
The Mediterranean climate of the Greek Islands is perfect for sun-seekers and ocean fun lovers, with abundant sunshine year-round. Summers are typically hot & dry, with long hours of bright daylight. Spring and fall are cooler, with seasonal precipitation and gathering winds.
The “Meltemi winds” are hot and dry northerly winds that blow in the Aegean from mid-May to mid-September. Meltemi winds can arrive without warning and persist for days, though they often swell in the afternoon and die down each night. These winds typically provide good and steady sailing for the region, although they can be quite severe for short periods.
- Early season temperatures for March and April range from an average of 17°C during the day and down to 12°C at night.
- May and June are much milder, an average of 25°C during the day and 23°C at night.
- July and August are very hot, with temperatures reaching up to 35°C during the day and down to 23°C at night.
- Late season (September-November) temperatures are still very mild, an average of 23°C during the day and down to 19°C at night, with moderate precipitation.
- Winter temperatures are chilly and precipitation is common. Our Greece yacht charter season is closed from December through February.
Documents Required for Greece Sailing Holidays and Navigare Yacht Charter Greece Contact Information
All of the below listed documents are required to sail in Greece and must be presented prior to boarding:
- Valid passport
- Copy of the charter contract
- Sailing (or motor boat) license for at least one crew member; a second license is highly recommended
- Crew list, to include names, birth dates, nationalities and passport numbers
Navigare Yacht Rental Greece Contact Information
Navigare Yachting, Greece
Agios Kosmas Marina
Leof. Poseidonos Avenue 18, 167 77 Elliniko
Apostolos Papastathopoulos - General Manager
Mobile: +30 694 488 3659
Yannis Balicos - Base manager
Mobile: +30 694 919 1758
Thanasis Gkiokezas - Administrator/Client coordinator
Mobile: +30 694 919 1759
8am to 5pm Monday-Sunday
9am for Sleep Aboards
11am for Noon Starts
Embarkation time: Noon
Disembarkation time: Noon
Our Greece yacht charter office is fluent in Greek, English, German, and Russian languages.
Additional Information About Greece Sailing Holidays
Yacht Charter Greece - Moussaka traditional dish
LOCAL LANGUAGE: Greek
LOCAL CURRENCY: Euro; cash, credit cards, and traveler's checks accepted at most restaurants, businesses, and destinations
LOCAL CUISINE: Authentic Greek is one of the world's most beloved cuisines, and experiencing the local food in person is one of the most thrilling and satisfying parts of sailing Greece islands region. Fresh seafood, of course, features heavily on menus and fresh local catches include calamari, swordfish, and lobster. Delicious Greek olives are a staple at almost every meal. Delicious lamb, sausage, and pasta dishes are highlights, and Santorini wine is famous throughout the region.
The range of influences in the Eastern Mediterranean, including Turkish, Italian, and Arab cuisines, ensures you can find anything you desire from the selection of local restaurants. While enjoying your catamaran or sailboat charter in Greece, you could stop into a small beach side cafe or reserve a fine dining dinner on one of the main resort islands.
Eating is one of the most satisfying pleasures when you sail Greek Islands!
Getting to the Greek Islands
Athens is a major air, sea, and rail travel hub and is accessible via direct travel from all major European cities, and several in Asia and the Middle East also. The Navigare Yachting base in Greece is situated in Agios Kosmas Marina. The marina is located in southern Attica, next to the city of Glyfada, and only 15 km away from the city center of Athens. Our base is 25 km driving distance from the Athens International Airport 'Eleftherios Venizelos' and 12 km away from the port of Piraeus
Transfer from the airport to the marina is available by taxi or bus. The marina is well appointed with a full range of modern facilities. The location is conveniently near markets, restaurants, and bars, where you can begin or end your Greek sailing holiday in style.
The warm and friendly islands of Greece are waiting, are you ready? Take a closer look at our fleet page, you can review our large selection of options to rent a sailing boat in Greece – we have Greece bareboat charter, skippered charter, sailboat charter, and catamaran charter options.
Best of all, we make it easier and more convenient for you to plan your Greece sailing holidays vacation. Navigare Yachting offers an exclusive payment plan that allows you to pay for your Greece yacht charter in up to six monthly installments.
Book your sailboat charter Greece today to find out how.